Some people believe success only comes to those fortune favors.
Success doesn’t just happen. It is the result of a deliberate way of thinking and a consistent level of action that supports it.
I believe there are eight essential elements involved in achieving a goal and a greater level of happiness in life.
1. Believe It’s Possible. If you really don’t believe you can achieve something, chances are pretty good you won’t.
2. Dream! Really dream. Aim High. Set BIG Goals. Don’t put limitations on yourself or what you think you can achieve right now.
3. Discover your gifts. Define your purpose in life. Get passionate about it. Own it!
4. Write it down. Create an Action Plan. Set measurable goals with specific timeframes.
5. Develop Your Confidence. Get out there and stretch yourself, make some mistakes, get some experience, fall down a few times, get some bumps and bruises, learn, grow…
6. Visualize the Outcome. Spend time in the movie theatre of your mind. See yourself doing things well and saying the right things. Feel what that feels like. Every successful person visualizes an outcome before making it a reality.
7. Learn Positive Self Talk. Be kind and say the right things to yourself. Be your own best friend. Learn how to motivate and push yourself.
8. Maintain Balance and Perspective. Take time to put the brakes on, step back, and get some perspective. If your life is out of balance, reprioritize and create a better balance.
“Studies have shown that less than three percent of us write our goals down. In fact, most people spend more time writing a shopping list than they do making a list of the really important things they want out of life.” – Paul McKenna
“The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want.” - Ben Stein
So there it is…
Decide what you want.
Write it down.
Think about it every chance you get.
You will be amazed at how quickly you will attract more of what you want to yourself!